Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Anna Netrebko




Oh my Anna Netrebeko, so fantastic to see her in here mid to late 20's, when she was at the height of her career and before she was pregnant. My criticism for one of my favorite soprano's, is that she tends to move a little bit more than I would prefer, sometimes it can be a little excessive and contrived, especially sometimes her hands do strange things, or her face trying to look sexy seems a little sleepy. But when you're Anna Netrebko, do what you want, you're one of the world's best sopranos. She sometimes sounds a little over covered as well, and though it isn't so present in this recording she can be a little pressing on the instrument which moves the pitch a little to the flatter side. Beautiful dynamics and a great instrument, I hope I can be as good as she one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment